Monday, August 12, 2013

Racks @ SM Mall of Asia


Some time last year we were in Mall of Asia in Pasay. We were starving to get lunch then we saw Racks so we just went inside. On the table there were table top displays with pictures of their Blue Plate Specials which are only available on weekdays. Lucky for us it was a weekday so we just ordered whatever caught our eye. Our choices were: Sweet n' Smoky Pork Belly, Classic Pork & Pasta, Jamaican Jerk Chicken and House Made Pulled Pork.

Geraldine ordered Sweet n' Smoky Pork Belly. It was served with salad , mac & cheese (your choice of side dish) and a glass of Coke. The pork was indeed sweet and smoky. It was packed with flavors and it was really tender. For this, we declare the dish a CRAVE HIT! 

Sweet n' Smoky Pork Belly - Php395

Mac & Cheese
I ordered House Made Pulled Pork because I did not want chicken nor did I want pasta. I think I chose potato salad for my side dish. While the pork belly was a crave hit, this dish is a miss for us. The pulled pork lacked taste. I was expecting more flavor from it but it was really disappointing. It was just shredded pork. I got a bottle of barbecue sauce from another table just to add flavor to my lunch.
House Made Pulled Pork - Php275

With a hit and a miss we are not discouraging anyone from eating at Racks. Their Onion Brick is a must try! These are not your ordinary onion rings. The barbecue sauce that goes with it is a perfect match for the onion. This certain appetizer is good for more than 2 people as well.  Aside from this favorite appetizer they also serve amazing ribs. 

RACKS
GF Entertainment Mall
SM Mall of Asia
Pasay City

556-4786





No comments:

Post a Comment