Sunday, August 11, 2013

Conti's @ Katipunan Ext.

Conti's is one of our favorite restaurants. They have great tasting dishes and a wide variety of drool-worthy desserts. This post contains a compilation of some of the dishes we have tried in Conti's.

This is what Geraldine had when we first ate at Conti's together. She chose Saffron Mushroom Risotto instead of Garlic Rice because she hates garlic. The Chicken Roulade was good. It had spinach and cheese and was served with this sauce on top. I think this made a really good dish but not one of their bests. Still, we recommend you try this one. CRAVE HIT!
Chicken Roulade

While Geraldine tried the Chicken Roulade, I tried their Chicken Pastel. I don't know why both of us ate chicken but we were not disappointed. However what I noticed when I removed the flaky crust on top, the serving of the chicken was so little. They put in a lot of mushroom sauce then there was a little bit of chicken then carrots and potatoes. I just hoped that there more meat than carrots and potatoes. Nevertheless it is still a CRAVE HIT. But I have better dishes to recommend than this one.
Chicken Pastel

This is a personal favorite. I always recommend this dish to my friends who are trying Conti's for the first time. Their prawns are baked with a special topping and is served with Crab Salad and Japanese Fried Rice. Everything in this plate is really delicious. This is a CRAVE HIT not only for the Baked Prawns but also because of the salad and rice that went with it. They all blended perfectly together. Although for me the prawns are a little bit bitin
Baked Prawns



Herb Crusted Fish Fillet is another personal favorite. What I love about this is that the fish is so soft that it melts in your mouth and it is also bursting with flavors from the herbs that went along with it. Some fish fillets have this certain taste that we Filipinos call malansa but this one does not have that taste. It is just soooooo delicious. I love it. It also comes with Apple Potato Salad which I also dearly love and buttered corn rice. Definitely a CRAVE HIT.


FOR THE DESSERTS....


Your Conti's experience will not be complete without trying this famous cake that made their popularity soar. Presenting... the MANGO BRAVO. The name says it all, it is a mango induced dish and once you taste it.. Bravo! The mangoes they use are sweet and fresh and the cream that coats the whole cake is, well, bravo. This is not my favorite though because it has nuts and I hate nuts may they be in chocolates, in cakes or in ice cream. But so far, I am the only person I know who would choose another cake over Mango Bravo. Please be reminded that this is a CRAVE HIT and that you should never ever leave Conti's without having this for dessert.
Mango Bravo


Mango Bravo

There are two cakes that I will choose over Mango Bravo: Oreo Cheesecake and Mango Cheesecake. We were not able to take a picture of the Oreo Cheesecake either because they ran out of it or we were too excited about the cake that we already ate it all up before taking a picture of it. But trust me when I say that it is really good. What I love most about it is aside from the oreo crust, the cheesecake is filled with oreo inside. Yumyumyum!!

Here is a picture of their Mango Cheesecake. Sweet and fresh mangoes on top of a cheesecake with graham crust. Satisfyingly delicious. CRAVE HIT!
Mango Cheesecake

Not a fan of Blueberry Cheesecakes but Geraldine loves it so we got one. I think she loved it because she was smiling while eating. But then again, I don't think Conti's will ever disappoint you with any of their dishes.



We highly recommend Conti's to every food lover out there. You will never regret dining in this place. Aside from that they have very attentive waiters (as well as waitresses) and have a very comfy interior. Try out their amazing pastries as well. I love their Lemon Squares and Cream Puffs. You have so many to choose from and everything is just good!

Conti's Pastry Shop & Restaurant
Katipunan Ave.
Quezon City

646-3306 (Katipunan Branch)

http://www.contis.ph/index.asp

https://www.facebook.com/contispastryshopandrestaurant

No comments:

Post a Comment