Sunday, August 11, 2013

My Thai Kitchen @ Eastwood

We had dinner in My Thai last Friday. Thanks to their very small space there were no more seats inside so we sat at Lucky Yakiniku Cafe. We were not so familiar with Thai food so we just ordered seafood.

We got only a bowl of shrimp fried rice. We thought that since we have noodles, one bowl would suffice. Nothing special here. Skip this and just get plain rice or something else.
Shrimp Fried Rice

Shrimp Fried Rice

I have always loved Pad Thai noodles most specially the ones with shrimp. Which is why I suggested to Geraldine to get this one because it should be good. However when we ate My Thai's Shrimp Pad Thai noodles, it was too sour. Prior to eating the dish I squeezed a little bit of lemon on it so I was disappointed to have it this sour because that little lemon juice should not make it THAT sour. Aside from that, it lacked flavor. So this is a MISS for us.
Shrimp Pad Thai Noodles

Shrimp Pad Thai Noodles

Despite the disappointing Shrimp Fried Rice and Shrimp Pad Thai Noodles we ordered something good. This squid is one of their bestsellers. It was like an appetizer. It was so nice inside the mouth because it had that melt in the mouth feel due to its softness. The sauce was not too spicy either. This is a HIT for us.
Deep Fried Squid with garlic and peppercorn

My Thai Kitchen
G/F Eastwood Mall Veranda
Libis, Quezon City

709-2127




1 comment:

  1. Me and my whole family decided to spend our new years eve at eastwood because of the year end event. We have inquired at My Thai Yakiniku because they have the cheapest price for 1000 per head consumable, also they meron silang buffet offer for only 395 para sa Yakiniku. So okay na ang lahat dahil yun na ang sinabi ng manager, my girlfriend went there as early as possible kasi reservation is first come first serve at the day of the event. She stayed there for 5 hours just to secure a place for the whole family, however, the manager informed my girlfriend that the buffet offer is not offered anymore and it is now per order, so ying ibang customers lumayas nalang sa inis, kami naman it's okay, the reservation is still consumable, after an hour lumapit na naman yung manager to inform my her that nagbago na naman yung price na 1000 pesos per head, kailangan daw namin magdagdag pa ng 200 per head pa, that made her angry and confronted the manager, the manager insisted that it is the policy of their restaurant. We insisted na yun ang napag usapan ay yun ang sinabi nila ning nag inquire kami, this is very frustrating since first time namin pumunta sa My Thai, madami pang kapalpakan ang nangyari ning gabing yun, hindi na mauulit ang pagpinta nakin sa My Thai and I will definitely not recommend this restaurant to mu friends.

    ReplyDelete