Monday, August 26, 2013

Battle of the Donuts: J. Co VS Krispy Kreme

J.CO Donuts

Dominated by Alcapone
Assorted
   Filipinos cannot help but compare the newcomer J. CO donuts to the famous Krispy Kreme donuts. KK as we all know came from the US. We all love their signature Original Glazed. Very soft and sweet glazed dough. J. CO has their own version of this too but I find it rather bland. Their strength however lies in their famous Al Capone, those donuts with belgian white chocolate and plenty of almonds on top. I do not like it because I do not like nuts on my desserts. Geraldine on the other hand LOVES it. I think she can finish a dozen of those in one sitting. Not an exaggeration. I have also read in some food blogs that their donuts go well with their Jcoccino (hot or frappe). Haven't tried it though.



    To be honest, I am totally not a fan of J.CO. I like my donuts really sweet. I have a really really really sweet tooth and I just find J.CO's treats lacking that sweetness I look for in desserts. However people love it because it has unique flavors and cute names. Just look at some of the cute donut names: Coco Loco, Forest Glam, Mona Risa, Berry Spears and the list goes on. They even look very enticing. Another advantage is that they are cheaper than their Western counterpart. 42/Piece, 230/half dozen, 350/one dozen and 550/two dozens.  

Krispy Kreme



   Moving on to Krispy Kreme, their donuts are definitely sweeter than J.CO's. All their glazes in all their flavors are exactly the sweetness that I want. Another thing I love about KK is their melt-in-your-mouth dough. J.CO's are also soft but I like KK's because their donuts are thicker in my opinion. Even just their Original Glazed is enough. I can eat a dozen of those in one sitting. No exaggeration.



Their other flavors are too sweet that if you eat more than three you might get a little bit dizzy from too much sugar. It happened to me two years ago. HAHA. Still, I'll choose this over J.CO or Dunkin donuts or Mister Donuts or any other donut shop in the Philippines. Only downside is that it is expensive. And the price seems to increase every year. I remember about two years ago I bought one dozen original and one dozen assorted for Php590. Now it will cost you more than Php600 to get a dozen of Original Glazed and a dozen of assorted flavors.



So that's it. My brief comparison of the two. I gave you my pick which is Krispy Kreme. Geraldine will have either of them. LOL. What about you? Which do you like more? Krispy Kreme or J.CO?

J.CO Donuts & Coffee

Krispy Kreme


3 comments:

  1. Is this a review between those two?

    Coz it looks like your with the KK, so what's the point of this blog of yours?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I actually using it to my research, i think this article? Can be more help us if you will compare the other aspect of it . Hehe thanks

    ReplyDelete