Monday, August 26, 2013

Cafe Lidia @ Marikina

Cafe Lidia

   I have dined in Cafe Lidia a couple of times already but this is the first time Crave Hits visited the said place. We went there last Thursday because Kris TV sparked Geraldine's curiosity. I was shocked to see the waitlisted people because last time I was here it was not this crowded even on Saturdays. I can even hear the people murmuring about how they want to try the food Kris tried. If there is Bieber Fever, there is Kris Aquino Magic. She is like Midas. Everything she touches or endorses turns into gold.

   Anyway, enough of her and back to Cafe Lidia. The waiting list was pretty organized. The girl by the door knows exactly who the next customer is. Luckily we did not have to wait long for our turn. Cafe Lidia has nice wooden interiors. It really has that Filipino place vibe although they serve mostly Italian dishes.

MENU:

Appetizers, Salad Sandwiches
Pasta (In Olive Oil and In Tomato Sauce)
Baked Pasta and Pasta in Cream Sauce, Pizza
Entree (Chicken, Beef and Pork)
Seafood Entree, Beverages, Dessert

PASTA:

PASTA ALA LIDIA

Pasta ala Lidia - Php195

   Geraldine chose everything we ate. She ordered this olive oil based pasta which I am not really fond of but I did not argue anyway. She said she asked for this because it has the name "Lidia" on it so maybe it is a specialty. This pasta is actually good if you are a fan of olives and olive oil, which we both are not. LOL. Though we both are not fans of this pasta the taste actually grew on us and we started to like it eventually. We were close to eating it all up until the pizza came. If you like olive oil based pasta this is a must try for you. What I love about it? The pasta was al dente and coated with flavors.



PIZZA:

HOUSE SPECIAL PIZZA

House Special Pizza - Php 240
Pat eating the pizza

   Their House Special Pizza is a CRAVE HIT! It is a thin crust pizza filled with your usual meat in pizzas plus bell peppers and pineapples. And it is quite heavy for the tummy. Great food. Must try!

ENTREE:

TUNA SALPICAO

Tuna Salpicao - Php170


   Honestly, I was too engrossed with the pizza that I did not pay much attention to the salpicao. The girl said that it was one of their bestsellers but I did not like it much which is why I devoured more on the pizza. I was expecting more flavors from it but I did not get that. So for now, this is a miss.
Cravers @ Cafe Lidia
Cravers @ Cafe Lidia

DESSERT:

Grand Ma's Chocolate Cake

Grand Ma's Chocolate Cake

   Now this is the star of the show. Geraldine and I were supposed to get a sansrival and a red velvet. Problem is, we wanted to get cakes that we can share. I do not like sansrival because it has nuts and it has a weird texture for me. Meanwhile, she is tired of eating red velvet. 

   We both compromised and ordered this beautiful chocolate cake. If you look at it nothing really special. Moist chocolate cake with caramel fillings in between the layers. Most restaurants and bakeshops offer this kind of cake so I was not really enthusiastic about it. But when I had my first taste of it. OMG. I could not get enough of it. We both fell in love with this amazing chocolate cake. The caramel was soooo sweet but not too sweet that you'll stop after a few mouthfuls. This is undoubtedly, definitely, surely a CRAVE HIT. No words can describe how good it was. One of the best chocolate cakes I have ever had in my life. 

Cakes
Indoor Waterfalls







   It was a great dining experience. After we ate we took a few pictures around the restaurant. It really looked like a house. The second floor was closed that day but it is also nice upstairs. They have quite a few beautiful paintings mounted on the walls there. Needless to say, we were both engorged when we left Cafe Lidia. Since Kris Aquino visited and gave this place a thumbs up, you should probably go too. Share your experiences with us and tell us if it is a Crave Hit or not. :)


Cafe Lidia
64 Calderon St.
Calumpang, Marikina City



No comments:

Post a Comment